The High-end Water Purifiers to Keep You Away From Contamination
Air and water are heavily polluted these days. The water purifiers can keep the drinking water safe. There are many types of water purifiers like RO, UV, TDS, and UF.
The TDS levels in the water that is above 300 PPM are better for health. Most water purifiers come with a combination of UF and UV filters. This feature ensures that the water is 100% free from contaminants.
Water purifiers curb the water contamination problems and will give you overall safety. If you’re looking for the best water purifiers in 2020, you must read this article.
We have picked the top 10 water purifiers that come with a plethora of advantages. Besides, we will also present to you the detailed buying guide for learning more about the factors by choosing the water purifiers.
Buying Guide – Must Consider Before Buying a Best Water Purifier
In this section, you will get ideas about the factors that require consideration before buying a water purifier. The FAQs will also give you extensive knowledge.
How to Choose the Right Water Purifier?
Go through these factors:
Understanding of the quality of the water purifier is essential before buying a water purifier. The impurities found in water supply include harmful pollutants, bacteria, viruses, Chemicals, and hardness. Before buying a purifier, you should have knowledge about these contaminants and the source of water. Make a choice of the water purifier based on the drinking water source.
Usually, the sources are lakes, rivers, borewells, harvested rainwater, and Municipal Corporation. Supplying water based on the level of dissolved salt is soft or hard.
Levels of Contamination in Your Area
Water in the houses is supplied organically without a filtration process through pipes. They are prone to contaminants like bacteria, nitrate, dissolved pesticides, and lead. We will suggest opting for UV based or RO filtration based water purifiers for removing the contaminants. The UV effect will irradiate the infiltrates in water. With time, the microorganisms diminish and die. The presence of the RO membrane will make water good for consumption.
After understanding the quality of water supplied, you can choose RO, UV, or UF type of water purifier purification. RO will help in times of high TDS water supply. In the case of low TDS, it is better to go ahead with UV and UF purifiers. They are capable of killing the virus or bacteria present in water.
Before buying the water purifier, you should consider the capacity of storage. It is necessary especially for those areas that are prone to power cut issues. In case you want a continuous supply of the purified water, it is better to go with the model that has more capacity. There is another alternative to it. Activated carbon purifiers are also incredible in terms of their storage capacity.
RO and UV filters need water supply available at a specific pressure. When the incoming water flow develops a less efficient force, the RO filter will not work properly. So, you must check the water supply pressure at your home before buying the water purifier. In case it is insufficient, you should buy the activated carbon purifier. But when the water is high in its TDS and contamination, it is better to go ahead with the RO purifier. The attached pump RO filtration will boost the pressure.
Analysis of the average daily consumption of water for your family is essential before buying a water purifier. If the daily consumption is high, it’s better to opt for the high power and high output rate-based model. In case, iI is slow, you can purchase the small versions of the water purifier. The decision of the number of users is also essential before buying it. If you are living in a joint family, a water purifier with less quantity of water becomes useless. The output of water from the water purifier should never be less than the total members of the family.
The RO and UV water purifier run on electricity. So, if you are staying in an area that has frequent power cut instances of insufficient electricity supply, it is better to opt for the alternate water purifier. It will cope up with the power cuts.
Purification Technology and Process
The selection of the best water purifier is largely based on purification Technology. The technology for water purification also affects the quality of water. Water purifiers will come with a mechanism to filter the contaminated water. TDS control stands will guide the purification technique for control of the final TDS. It will also give benefits in terms of enhancing the taste of water. You should also see that the water purifier has pH balance Technology for balancing the pH levels in the water. Check the number of purification stages before buying a water purifier.
The top-quality water purifiers listed below
Blue Star Aristo RO+UV 7-Litre Purifier
- Double layered RO + UV protection for absolutely safe drinking water without any compromises.
- RO removes microorganisms, dissolved impurities, heavy metals, and radioactive matter.
- UV has the capability of removing microorganisms like bacteria, cysts, and viruses.
- Aqua taste booster (ATB) enhances the taste. Besides, it maintains an optimum pH level.
- Indicator highlights the stages of the purification process
- UV fail alert gives prompt alerts when the UV lamp fails.
Blue Star Aristo water purifier will deliver safe drinking water while enhancing the taste of water. It follows several stages of Filtration: Pre- Filtration, Pre-Carbon Filtration, Sediment Filtration, RO Membrane Filtration, and Post-Carbon Filtration with ATB. The child lock button in this purifier protects the purifier from unnecessary wastage of water. Activated Carbon removes the smell and volatile organic compounds. The 10-inch filter ensures an efficient purification process. 7 Litres Storage Tank serves the immediate consumption needs of the family. It is a compact water purifier with multi-stage purification of RO+UV+MTDS. There is the availability of the TDS controller guides adjustment of the taste of water. The adjustment depends on the source of water.
- Good build quality with aesthetics
- A solid water purification system
- Decent alert system with child lock for the tap
- Unavailability of filter change indicator
KENT New Grand 8-Litres Water Purifier
- The double treatment of RO and UV purification makes it the most sought-after purifier.
- The availability of the RO+UF+UV+TDS Controller removes harmful bacteria, viruses, and dissolved impurities. You’ll get 100% pure water
- Large Storage Capacity of 8 liters
- The appliance is suitable for purifying brackish as well as tap water. It uses technology for ensuring safe municipal corporation water
- Purification Capacity is up to 20 liters per hour.
- UV Lamp of 11 Watt UV helps with the deactivation of harmful bacteria and microorganisms
- There are plenty of Filter Cartridges like Carbon block filter, Sediment, UF, and Post-carbon
Kent Grand Plus is the fully automatic water purifier that employs an extensive RO+UV+UF purification mechanism. The availability of TDS control ensures the safest drinking water. The high-end features, effective performance, as well as 4 years of free service allow the user to control natural mineral content in the purified water. When you buy this filter, you’ll get the push-fit components for leak-proof performance.
Availability of Save Water Technology helps recover more than 50% safe water, and then store the rejected water. It has a separate tank for reusing RO wastewater. Alert Mechanism shows the computer-controlled operation due to the availability of Filter Change and UV Fail alarms. The material is of the ABS Food Grade Plastic that makes it completely safe. The device is fully automatic with the availability of auto-on and auto-off function. Mounting type is a Wall-mounted one for easy access.
- Good Storage Capacity makes it a remarkable model.
- Less Water Wastage with TDS Controller.
- A mechanism for the addition of Essential Minerals Post purification
- It will purify water from all Sources
- Maintenance Cost is high.
Eureka Forbes Aquasure Aquaguard Water Purifier
- Most affordable RO purifiers from Eureka Forbes that cleans water from taps, borewell, and tanker.
- All black design with blue highlights along with the Aquasure Smart Plus provides a storage capacity of 6 liters.
- See-through indicator of water level gives better monitoring capability.
- Unlike other LED display or led lights models, the Aquasure Smart Plus makes use of the color-changing light mechanism. It indicates tank full, low incoming water pressure, water supply status, error status, as well as the end of life.
- There’s 6 Stage of RO+UV+MTDS purification
- The device presents a compact & lightweight design
- It cleans water from taps, borewell, and tanker
- There’s an availability of Voltage fluctuation protection (150 V – 270 V)
Aquasure Smart Plus now comes with 6 Purification Stages. The first is a clarity cartridge that removes suspended impurities like sand particles and dirt. The second stage is the block filtration for removing chlorine or order dissolved organic impurities. The 3rd stage is the membranes life enhanced that will enhance the RO membrane life and improve the water flow. The next stage removes suspended solids like magnesium and Calcium. RO membrane also reduces the TDS by removing pesticides, hardness, and heavy metals. Stage 5 incorporates the taste enhancer cartridge that will polish the water to make it clear, pure, and great tasting. The last stage is the UV disinfection chamber for the elimination of waterborne disease-causing microorganisms. Overall, the model becomes a hydrated one for its multiple benefits.
- 6 Stage RO+UV+MTDS purification is an enhanced aspect
- Compact & Lightweight design
- Convenient Price Point
- Design is a bit complicated
- Lack of an extensive range of features
Aquatec plus Advance Plus 12Ltrs Water Purifier
- Built-in TDS balancer, with on-off automatic operation
- The wall-mounted filter is suitable for Indian homes and purifying tap/municipal water.
- The appliance takes care of your drinking water needs without complications
- The capacity of 12 liters with wall mount structure makes the Aquatec plus RO Purifier a must-have appliance
- The White blue color body with the purification capacity of 15 liters/ hour gives a better output.
- Auto shut off feature ensures that you won’t have to stand and monitor it
- High durability and superior quality with the capacity of 2000 TDS makes it an amazing model
- The pack comes with the main unit, valve, Pre-filter, adapter, outlet pipe, inlet pipe, tape, and a manual
- It removes up to 99% of contaminants and 1000+ contaminants due to the mechanism. Besides, the carbon blocks remove 99.99% chlorine
The purifier is suitable for domestic and commercial water. The appliance is completely tested with quality parameters to match the requirements of customers and provide safe drinking water. You don’t have to worry about the adequate precautions before consuming the water out of it. The functionality and impeccable service with rich features will give you a range of output. You can get the custom mode of tabletop or wall-mount installation. All you need to do is hire the professional installers for the task. There is a good warranty on the appliance. The compact design requires minimal wall space. LED indicators in the front panel allow better storage with SF/GKK change. There is an auto shut-off feature to hinder the water purification when filter change does not take place.
- Easy to install interface
- Good Storage Capacity that makes it value for money
- Stunning durability due to the good quality of material
- Sometimes leakage in water tank within a few months of use
HUL Pureit Classic G2 Water Purifier
- It filters the water from borewell and tanker.
- There’s a 6 liters storage tank to make it better for a big family.
- The purifier purifies water with high TDS~2000 ppm.
- LED indicators give a reading of the tank full and filter change.
- The availability of the transparent see-through design allows checking the water level.
- Water recovery rate is 35% that means less wastage of water
- 1-year warranty on the overall appliance.
The affordable water purifier doubles the filter life and comes with a minimized maintenance cost. A water filter that presents a long filter life of around 6000 liters and comes with some extensive features, becomes the well-designed piece for your benefits. It comes with a higher water recovery that makes it a better one over the normal purifiers. 6 Stage RO+UV purification that includes steps such as Pre-Sediment purification, Pre-RO Carbon purification, Mini purification, RO Membrane purification, UV Chamber purification, and Post-RO Carbon purification makes it a standard model. Clean and compact design is a result of the mineral cartridge for the addition of essential minerals (Calcium and Magnesium).
- 6 Stage RO+UV Purification ensures batter filtration
- Clean and Compact Design makes it stylish yet functional
- There’s an Affordable Pricing with 35% Water Recovery
- The Filter Life is good
- You’ll experience water leakage issues.
Blue Star Majesto 8-Litre Water Purifier
- The storage capacity of 8 Litres to dispense water even when there’s no electricity.
- RO and UV technologies allow removal of harmful bacteria, viruses, and cysts
- ATB uses calcite media for enhancing the taste. It also guides in the maintenance of optimum pH level
- High-quality RO membrane delivers the capacity of yielding 285 liters of pure water
- It has the ability to purify water up to 2000 PPM TDS levels.
- Copper impregnated activated carbon enriched with anti-bacterial properties allows the removal of the foul smell, and volatile organic compounds present
- Aqua Taste Booster enhances the taste.
- The mounting is of the type wall or tabletop as per convenience.
Blue star now presents the budget-friendly water purifier. The designed piece guarantees absolute safety without any compromises. The purifier has a stunning black body with a silver lining. The presence of amazing features makes it a basic model for the countertop installation. It gives the optimized space and looks to fit a modern kitchen. The sleek and stylish design along with the manual to instruct gives the required output. Availability of the Super Fine Sediment Filter 5 Microns ensured better filtration. The availability of the Child-lock feature ensures there’s no problem of unwanted use. You’ll get the Pre-filter during installation. There’s a tank-full indicator that will send a notification when the water tank becomes full.
- Sleek and stylish design gives it a striking design aspect.
- High purification capacity makes it an outstanding model over the competitors
- The dispensed water has a great taste
- Availability of 1-year warranty
- Lack of indicating lights
- Absence of alert for filter change
Havells Max 7-litres Purifier
- RO & UV allows the 100% passage of water.
- The compact design piece comes with the flexible mounting
- The faucet ensures zero splash
- It comes with the Minerals cartridge that helps with the maintenance of optimum PH addition of natural minerals
- Availability of the revitalizer cartridge delivers healthy purified water
- Futuristic yet simple design makes it an artistically brilliant piece.
- You can easily mount it on a tabletop, or straight wall. Sometimes placing it at a corner also helps.
- The color is amazing with the vibrant dual-tone white and aqua green.
With the Storage Capacity of Approx. 8 Litres and Purification Capacity, of15 liters per hour make this a standalone designed piece for delivering 100% contaminant-free water. The appliance automatically shuts off when the voltage starts exceeding or dropping. Advanced Alert System will keep on sending you notifications about the status of the purifier. These alerts are for self-diagnostic, low water pressure, purification process, a tank full, and error. You’ll get alerts for UV, SV, and failure of the pump. The setup comes with the 7th stage of purification that makes the water healthy with the restructuring of the water molecules. Thus, the water becomes biologically active. It also improves the hydration as well as mineral absorption.
- There’s no collection of the water. It passes completely through the RO & UV filter.
- Availability of the Minerals cartridge checks the PH and adds natural minerals
- The availability of Revitalizer cartridge makes 100% purified water
- The tank is removable.
- The maintenance cost is high.
Kent Ace Mineral 7-Litre Purifier
- There is purification with the TDS control for great taste and purity.
- The nice compact design will fit every space of your home
- It can handle a long-range of voltage fluctuation
- The mineral 7 liters RO + UV + UF + TDS control water purifier will now purify brackish, Municipal water and tap water
- Storage capacity is around 7 liters ABS Food grade for onsite cleaning.
- There is a purification capacity of around 15 liters per hour
- The auto on-off feature will give the automatic operation
The high-end water purifier model now boasts with the filter change indicator for indicating that the filter needs change. The fail alarm will let you know about the malfunction in the mechanism. Moreover, there is an auto flushing system available in the appliance. The availability of the built-in SMPS will also give a range of the input voltage. There is a warranty of 1 year on the electrical and mechanical parts. Again, for the membrane, there is a 1-year warranty.
- Double purification with TDS Control delivers purity & great taste
- It has the capability of purifying water really fast
- The compact design makes it fit for every corner of the house.
- It has the capability of handling a long-range of voltage fluctuations
- It’s way more expensive than other purifiers
- High Maintenance Cost
HUL Pureit Ultima 10 litres Water Purifier
- There is a 6th stage advanced purification system with the RO +UV mechanism.
- The storage capacity is around 10 liters. It will add minerals for post purification. This also enhances the taste of water.
- There is a purity indicator with a hands-free bottle filled zone. You will also get the Turbo flow mechanism with it.
- The digital advanced alert system makes this purifier stand out.
- The Pureit Ultima Mineral RO + UV water purifier now gives mineral balance Technology for the enrichment of every glass of water.
- With essential minerals, you will get the 6th purification stage for advanced output
- It stores 10 liters of purified water in a storage tank and has a purification capacity of 9 to 12 liters per hour. There is a purity indicator for sensing the water quality up to 5000 times a second.
- There is a Turbo floor for filling a 1-liter water bottle in just 30 seconds. The hands-free bottle gets filled soon that will be automated for convenience.
The advanced water purifier now comes with the alert system to keep you updated about the lifespan just before 15 days of the expiry date. The material of construction is a standard one which is non-toxic food-safe quality and incorporates engineering grade plastic. The purifier is best for cleaning groundwater, water tanker water, tap water as well as river water. What makes this model an amazing one is the TDS level. It has around 2000 PPM removal capability.
There is a voltage fluctuation guard for protection of the purifier against voltage fluctuations from 165 to 240 volt. A 1-year manufacturing warranty will let you rest assured about the quality performance. You’ll get the availability of advanced automatic self-diagnostic alerts. It will allow you to stay aware of the purification process, low water pressure, tank full, error alerts, and pump failure. Moreover, the unique soft-touch faucet will let you rest assured that there are no splashes, contamination, as well as smooth flow.
- There is a 6 Stage Advanced Purification mechanism that uses RO+UV
- The Storage Capacity of 10 Litres makes it better than others
- The appliance adds Minerals post purification for enhancing the taste of water
- It is the standalone solution for Purity Indicator, Turbo Flow, as well as Hands-free Bottle Fill Zone
- You’ll get the availability of Digital Advance Alert System
- The equipment incorporates High Price
- The Tap is doesn’t work in the absence of electricity
LG Puricare RO + Mineral Booster
- There is a 5 stage purification in it.
- 8-liter stainless steel Storage tank allows better holding capacity.
- It comes with a mineral filter that adds and retains the healthy materials
- There is a one year warranty on the overall device.
- The design is a clean and compact one that looks stunningly attractive
- It has indicators for filter change power on or off and a tank full.
The water purifier is a part of the Unique brand image in the water purifier industry. It makes use of the stainless steel water tank for purification. The RO water purifier from LG now comes with the same still tank. It’s an advanced version than its predecessors. The availability at an affordable price makes it a conveniently designed piece. Purification Technology is an advanced one with five stages of purification. The last stage mineral booster is an addition that adds essential minerals to the water. It is hygienic when compared to the plastic tanks. There is no growth of harmful bacteria and algae inside the surface. The availability of the SF/GKK change indicator ensures blinking just 15 days before the date of the expiry of the sediment filter.
- The Stainless Steel Water Tank isn’t prone to rusting or algal build-up
- There’s a mechanism for the addition of essential minerals
- High Price point
- Unavailability of UV purification
Why Does TDS Become Such An Essential Consideration While Buying a Water Purifier?
TDS refers to total dissolved solids that represent the concentration of dissolved substances. It includes inorganic salts like magnesium, potassium, calcium, and sodium. Besides, it also includes chlorides and sulfates. BIS suggests that the ideal TDS is below 300mg/L. Again, the max permissible limit is 600mg/L. Patients with kidney problems must consume water with a TDS level below 100 mg/L. TDS measurement becomes essential because high levels of TDS impacts the taste of drinking water. Again, high TDS water is often safe. But, ingredients like lead or copper become hazardous for health.
It’s true that low TDS means high-quality water. At the same time, low TDS causes water to develop the flat taste. It’s good to remember that the levels from 300-500 become the right TDS levels for drinking water. When you purchase the Reverse osmosis based water purifier, you can see that it will reduce TDS to about 10% of the current water level. It’s good to remember that Active carbon filters do not have the capability of removing TDS.
As we know that, High levels of TDS degrade the taste of drinking water, you must conduct routine testing for assurance that the filter works properly.
Though there is no known scientific data for clearly demonstrating that the low TDS water consumption will cause harm, yet it’s good to stick to the generalized amount. There’s a common misbelief that boiling water removes the dissolved solids. But that’s not true. In fact, the level of TDS increases when boiling. It’s always good to opt for a high-end water purifier rather than simply consuming boiled water.
So, before buying a water purifier, you must consider the TDS levels.
Each of the above-mentioned water purifiers is packed with rich features that will ensure safe drinking water. Choose the system that will be suitable for the health of your family. The customer reviews suggest that the above-mentioned purifiers hold the essential specifications to stand out. Finally, we are at the end of the long and detailed review. By now, you have got ideas about the best water purifiers. If you have further queries regarding the water purifiers or planning to buy a water purifier for your outlet, it’s better to go through the manufacturer’s specifications. The best part is that all the top-notch models are available online on Amazon. There’s an availability of hundreds of models from several brands to choose from.